Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Waldorf, Maryland
Motorcycling comes with inherent risks. Unlike occupants of cars and trucks, motorcyclists have little to protect them from the force of impact when a collision occurs. However, riders have the same rights on Maryland roads as any other motorist. You could be entitled to compensation if you suffered injuries in a Waldorf motorcycle accident and someone else is at fault.
Maryland personal injury law allows accident victims to seek compensation for their injuries after a crash. However, the state has some of the harshest negligence laws in the nation. You can only recover money if you prove the other party was 100 percent at fault for the crash. You need substantial evidence and a fierce advocate to show the insurance company you deserve money. Get an experienced motorcycle accident attorney from Trollinger Law LLC on your side right away.
At Trollinger Law LLC, we provide personalized service and dedicated legal advocacy to every client. We will take the time to get to know you, your story, and your needs and goals. Our firm’s exclusive focus on Maryland injury cases gives us the knowledge and resources to handle the most complex claims.
You deserve justice and accountability after a motorcycle wreck, not the runaround from the insurance company. Let Trollinger Law LLC take the burden off your shoulders. Contact us today for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Waldorf.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Waldorf
Many motorcycle accidents occur due to driver negligence or recklessness. Drivers often fail to notice motorcycles or share the road with them. Some of the most frequent causes of motorcycle crashes in Waldorf include:
- Passing too closely
- Failing to move to an adjacent lane when passing
- Reckless driving
- Swerving through traffic
- Turning or changing lanes without signaling
- Failure to check blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Drinking and driving
- Drugged driving
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failure to yield the right of way
Understanding Maryland Motorcycle Laws
Maryland motorcycle laws help keep riders safe from potentially devastating accidents. Before heading out on your bike, familiarize yourself with the following regulations:
- All motorcycle operators must have a Class M license or a learner’s permit. A learner’s permit allows the operation of a motorcycle under the immediate supervision of a person at least 21 years old who has held a motorcycle license for at least three years.
- Applicants under 18 must complete driver education and motorcycle safety courses.
- Motorcycle operators must obey all traffic laws that apply to motor vehicles.
- Motorcycles have the right to the entire width of the traffic lane. No vehicle may occupy the same traffic lane next to a motorcycle, but two motorcycles may ride side-by-side in the same lane.
- Vehicles must use adjacent lanes when passing a motorcycle.
- Riders must wear a compliant safety helmet. Eye protection, such as a face shield, goggles, or safety glasses that comply with FDA regulations for impact resistance, is also mandatory. Riders may ride without eye protection if their motorcycle has a windscreen high enough to protect the operator’s face in a normal riding position.
- Operators may only carry passengers on motorcycles designed to accommodate passengers.
- Riders must keep both hands on the handlebars.
- Lane splitting is prohibited.
If an accident occurs, Maryland personal injury laws enable victims to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence. A skilled motorcycle accident attorney can determine your right to compensation after reviewing the facts of your case.
Recovering Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
After a motorcycle accident, eligible Marylanders can seek compensation for financial expenses and personal losses they suffered due to the crash. A successful claim could recover money for:
- Costs of medical treatment
- Rehabilitation, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech therapy
- Costs of care or support for long-term or permanent disabilities
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity and employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Motorcycle repairs or replacement costs
How a Maryland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a crash, your primary focus should be healing and returning to daily life. A motorcycle accident lawyer from Trollinger Law LLC can handle the legal details for you. We will:
- Investigate the motorcycle accident.
- Obtain evidence helpful to your case, such as police accident reports, accident scene photos, witness statements, medical records, and expert testimony.
- Identify liable parties and all available sources of compensation.
- Document your injuries and losses to place an appropriate value on your case.
- File insurance claims on your behalf.
- Handle negotiations with insurance adjusters or defense attorneys so you can focus on your treatment.
- Fight for a settlement that provides maximum compensation that accounts for your past losses and future needs.
- If necessary, take your case to trial to fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Motorcycle Safety Tips for Riding in Waldorf
Motorcycle operators should learn defensive strategies for safe riding. Some of the most critical safety tips riders should follow include:
- Choose a motorcycle whose performance matches your skill level. Never ride a bike too powerful for you to control.
- Wear protective gear, such as a full-face helmet, boots that cover your ankles, long pants/jeans, and gloves.
- Inspect your bike before getting on the road, checking tire pressure, brakes, mirrors, and lights.
- Turn your headlights on, even in daylight.
- Practice riding in a parking lot or on a quiet street if you’ve taken a long break from riding.
- Check the weather forecast before a trip and delay your trip to avoid inclement weather.
- Practice defensive riding. Assume that other motorists don’t see you and expect the unexpected from other drivers.
Get Help from Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you deserve to recover compensation for what you’ve lost. Contact Trollinger Law LLC today for a free, no-obligation case review with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Waldorf. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking free legal advice.